what do your actions say about YOU?

In the Bronx, NY, a young man was videotaped knocking down a mother holding her three month old baby. No provocation on her part. I saw this tidbit online. I didn't see it on the news on TV or hear of it on the radio. It just slipped in and out of our consciousness without so much as a blink. That the perpetrator was a man of color should have no bearing on the incident. It shows a lack of decency, a lack of respect, a lack of concern for our fellow citizens.



We need Jesus..oh my how I pray "Thy Will be done! What He has taught us...has the message really gone out the window?  "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; just as I have loved you!"

How about you? Are you feeling loved by Jesus? Have you felt such unconditional love that you cannot help but share it? I know you all are busy at this time of year, so I will keep this message brief: Show Love today! Be compassionate towards others! It doesn't matter if you were cut of fin traffic, if that person in front of you didn't hold that door open for you as you entered...it does not matter if you were forgotten, maligned in some way...whatever your "perceived issue" is...Love one another! stranger! Friend! Family! Boss! Show LOVE! Skin color? It doesn't matter! Fat, thin, tall, short, Catholic, atheist...it does NOT matter...you will show respect! As my husband once said, "I don't care if (someone) comes to your house and poops on your breakfast plate, you WILL show that person respect!" I smile just a bit, as his description seems a bit....visual....but the meaning was clear. No matter what has been done to you, show respect. Apologize. Better yet, let your actions speak louder than your words.
How hard is that?

Comments

  1. that visual...haha way to go, rob!!! He is such an inspiration for us all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we decide to put down the talisman of skin color and realize that we are all made in God's image...maybe we'll get some respect going. As long as people are rewarded for their discrimination, it will always be hatefilled.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts