I am so proud of you!


 sometimes, sadly enough, the same is true of adults....we crave intimacy...we crave a kind word...

I was just reading another blogger's post for today that proclaimed how children don't hear the words, "I'm so proud of you!" often enough. Yes, that is true...we sure do raise our voices to them in anger sometimes, don't we....but when it comes to raising our hands in a high five...or lift our hearts in song over a job well done, we tend to reserve that. We take it for granted that they just "know."

Life is not always about osmosis. We don't just absorb every little detail.

Even as adults, we tend to save our words of kindness-yet we sure do belt out a profanity if life just doesn't roll our way.

Road rage...you've seen it. Maybe you've been a witness to it. God forbid if you've been a cause of it!

How about 'on the job' compliments? Some days we may feel it just doesn't pay to go to work, as all we ever hear are the complaints, the criticisms...or maybe...nothing at all. Even at our adult ages, a kind word or even a pat on the back would go very far to really boost us up.

Look at professional sports. Football players hug each other for every little first down. A touchdown? Oh my....it's a celebration down on the field that could get a team a penalty if it is too excessive. Same with baseball...hockey...you name it, it's easily displayed.

Look at young couples in love. Sometimes their public displays of affection can be a little...well..too obvious. Yet as an "old married," I look at that and smile...huge sigh...I was there once upon a time.

Compliments. We all need them and not just on Valentines' Day, either. That day is just rife with folks thinking, "I gotta get her/him SOMETHING!" Well, I say to you..."look out and step aside, Hallmark!" You can easily make it your mission to write a silly love letter....make it a point that this is the year...the moment that will last a lifetime...of telling those around you just how valuable they are to you! You know how good it feels when you are recognized for your efforts...do it for another! Even my sweet husband, when I ask him, "how much do you love me?" will tease me by replying, "I still live here, don't I?"

Oh yes...gotta love LOVE! Seriously though...I  KNOW he loves me...but I DO like to HEAR it---just as I did when we were falling in love. Why? Because it just feels good to know that I am appreciated. Same with you...same with ALL of us! You don't need to be all googly eyed in love to pass a kind word. Even a smile, a warm hug or a small gesture of kindness displays your thoughts right there! Mother Teresa has said that the greatest poverty is not a lack of food or shelter, it is a lack of love being shown. It is, she said, the greatest poverty. That should make you take note.

Even Jesus reminded us to "do unto others...as you'd have them do unto you."

Make someone's day!
I guarantee you....you won't forget it.
Neither will they!

Peace be with you all....I am SO proud of you and of who you are!
Truly!
So is God!

Comments

Popular Posts