up, up and away...

"when they go low, we go high." ~ Michelle Obama



The above quote really needs to become our mantra for when life kicks us when we are down. We need to recognize when others become toxic to us and react accordingly--not with anger and revenge, but with grace and to just...walk away with integrity.


I have an overnight cleaning job (that I really do not like, but I get 'er done and with a positive attitude.) Yet there is that one person--in charge--who always seems to want to pick a fight over trivial nothings. When I come to clean and find her notes taped to the supply closet door, notes that are pretty disparaging, to say the least, I fuss and fume while I clean and by the time the chore is done, I come to the conclusion that while she may go low, I can remain high. I don't have to take the bait, I don't have to become angry, I can just take it under advisement and...move forward. (Note to ANYONE in a supervisor position: think about how your words affect those who work for you. Negative words bring about negative energy while positive words can make everyone happy!)


Comments

Popular Posts