Good Orderly Direction





All it takes is that one person to upset an apple cart. One person who can either make a good day better or a bad day worse. Of course, there is also the one who can make a bad day better, too.

Case in point: I was flying high on an already hectic schedule. I had everything planned down to the minute. Then along came a situation in which I was delayed. I had an order that should have been delivered to my place of business returned to the post office because I wasn't there. The following day, same situation. This was a back order that a customer was waiting for. That meant that now I had to go to the post office to retrieve it (unplanned!) The mail clerk was rude (unplanned!) and when she finally found my parcel, it had been damaged (major unplanned!) Her retort was that had I been at my place of business, it would have been there originally. On time. So now I took the hit for a damaged parcel and instead of making a profit from the client who'd been waiting for it, I took a loss. 

All NOT planned!

The client was understanding (bright spot) but I stewed on this for quite awhile. I took out my frustrations on my husband (uh-oh!) and then his mom got into the fray by adding her two cents worth (never good!). I left my house feeling lower than dog poop on a shoe.

Huge sigh.

Can we back up a bit and see how this train wreck could have been alleviated?

It all started when I was too busy to say my morning prayers. I left God out of my day! With Him, I can tackle anything. I have that reminder that I am not in this alone. Without Him, well...it unraveled and I  felt horrible by day's end.

Maybe the whole world could take a similar lesson? A world that looks after itself and forgets the little guy.

Isn't that who you and I are? The little guys and gals? 

We need God. Admit it! When God is there even the strongest storm cannot shake us. 

Imagine Jesus reaching out for you, much like a mom back in the day....she would see a possible event while driving in which she would automatically throw her arm over you (back when kids could actually sit in the front seat--with no belt on!). God is like that. He sees what we otherwise can't. He throws His arm around you. "Hang on, kid! I got this!" and with determination, danger was averted.
Ah, the good ol' days!
Start your day with GOD. That's Good Orderly Direction. You will never go wrong when He is your pilot and you can sit back and enjoy the view. less hassles that way (and no nagging from the mother in law, either!)

Have a blessed day!

Comments

Popular Posts