blind faith

 Blind faith...what does that mean to you? The word "blind" evokes images of feeling lost...alone...afraid. But then the word, "faith" means we trust in what we cannot see, we move forward, knowing that Someone higher up will lead us through. I think of a child...blind faith in their parent...no matter what, they have complete trust that no matter what, they are safe, protected, cared for.

There is an equine assisted facility in Brook Park, MN that has had success in working with those who have alcohol/addiction issues, as well as behavior issues, eating disorders, PTSD and more. Using horses combined with Scripture, these people come away feeling renewed, whole...as if a piece of their lives has been returned to them.

This dream began with a recovering alcoholic and a horse named Shadow. It grew into two horses, then four, then eight...each horse matching with that "someone" who relates to the horse. In effect, it is God working through animals to heal souls.





One horse in particular is a blind horse named "Moshu." Moshu arrived unsure, unsteady and in need of someone to help him. Along came Paul. It took time for Moshu to learn that all of Paul's ministrations were for good, not harm (see the relation to Jeremiah 29:10, "for I know the plans I have for you, for good and not harm"...?) Paul himself was carrying a lot of baggage. As he said, "I've been carrying a lot of dialogue with God since I was young. It then became negative dialogue on my part...always tearing something down, except that now, it is time to build something back up," and there his story ended--for now. 

Negative dialogue...who among us hasn't confronted situations in which we give up on God, our life's burdens becoming so great that we cede to satan's will? I know I have, which is what brought me to Changing Gaits back in 2008.





"Moshu is completely blind and as we are his new handlers he still seems to put total faith in us! I then seeing that parallels within my own life! Even though I cannot see God I must put total faith in his guidance as Moshu does with us! Thank you God this morning teaching me that I do not need to overthink things! I realizing if today and every day I put blind faith in you everything will work out! We must look for these parallels within our daily lives, as God is putting his faith in us!"





Paul said that when he rode Moshu, it was Moshu who lead him to an oak tree, Paul said he knew then...it was time for him to pray, giving thanks to the Lord for leading him there...via a blind horse. This was the same tree I had photographed and published in my first book for Changing Gaits, "Walking in God's Shadow." When I saw that tree, I too, felt the pull it had on me. Oaks live for 100 years or more. Oh, the stories I am sure they could tell!

There are photos of Moshu leading a trail ride, Paul sitting astride him. Moshu knows, much as a young child does, that he can trust that wherever he goes, with Paul's guidance, they will get there safely.



It's amazing to me how God presents Himself to us and many of us miss this: through horses...dogs...cats, too. I lost my husband to COPD last year. He fought this long and hard for several years before finally giving in. His own alcoholism and habit of smoking accelerated the dying process and all of my admonitions that he please quit fell on deaf ears. I could have become bitter, but I didn't, I surrendered him to God, asking God to ease his suffering, to bring him home to Him. After he passed, I felt so alone.



Along came a young, malnourished kitten. At first, I wanted nothing to do with the sickly thing, but something inside me said, "give him your home." So I did, I nursed him back to health. Here is the curious thing: on his right side, he has a heart design that is very plain to see. A heart. Since my husband died, I saw many signs of hearts, from a heart in the snow, to a heart in a patch of grass, to a heart on a spill of water on my kitchen floor mat to a potato that was shaped just like a heart, I kid you not! So seeing that confirmed, this was a meant to be cat. The second confirmation is that this kitten can be anywhere in the house and yet, when I am in tears and crying, he will come running to me, lay next to me, put his tiny paw on my cheek and lick my face. He will pat my shoulder. He will stay by my side until the tears have subsided and I am at peace. His purring soothes me. The heat from his little body is reassuring.

My husband was like that. He couldn't bear to see me in misery, always there, always reassuring.

God is like that, too.

As I said, God uses animals to communicate with us. 

Blind faith. How many of you have that? That innocent trust like that of a child?
God says that one must be like children to enter heaven. Pure of heart. Accepting. Surrendering.

Look into your hearts today, ask yourself...no, tell yourself, "Lord, I am not worthy to receive You, but only, say the word and I shall be healed."

Healed from whatever is affecting your heart, be it loss, be it addictions, be it anything that separates you from Him. Then be still...and listen...be still and know...He is God. Rely on Him.


I will end this with Paul's words of gratitude, words that I know come from his heart:

"I am very grateful experiencing all Changing Gaits has to offer while I am getting my personal life with God back on track! The main lesson I have learned with Moshu is this: he trusts me, thus having "blind faith" in me! I have learned to have trust and "blind faith" in God! For when we have "blind faith" in God all things are truly possible! Has every ride with Moshu been perfect? That answer is a big no! He once thought it would be neat to roll and try getting a back scratch in while I was on top of him! Another time he dragged me 10 yards! God has my back! If we keep God in the forefront of our minds he will have our back then showing his amazing glory and grace through us!

Moshu is not always easy saddling up! I want to thank Ed for being a friend and mentor with the horse, helping me get him tacked up so I could get back to riding Moshu! I love you, Ed! It's the same with our everyday lives! If you have a bad day, keep God in the forefront of your mind! I promise that, through you, He'll show his power and glory, having a great next day! Moshu is only five years old and will surely help change the lives of countless adults and kids experiencing Changing Gaits amazing equine therapy! Over and over again, showing God's glory through an amazing blind horse Moshu! Thanks, Guy Kaufman! (founder of Changing Gaits) for "seeing" and having "blind faith" in God saving a horse no one wanted!"

Comments

Popular Posts