His eye is on the sparrow...

 


Daily gratitude: As I sit here on this beautiful day, I am watching a sparrow making a nest in the corner of a gutter next door. I watch this and think, if God has His eye on the sparrow, then why this? I saw the houses in Rodanthe, North Carolina, built right on the ocean, get taken down by high tides last week. Again, why build where there is certain destruction? Our lives are the same: we build a life without regard for what we do or how we do it. There are those who step on others to get higher up in their world, be it jobs, families or friends. Step up, get all the toys, looking down once they have made it at the ones they have left in the dust.

Huge sigh.
Then there are those whose foundations are firm. When that funnel cloud passed over my house last week, the house I BEGGED God for--BEGGED...I sat in the basement. I told God it was OK, whatever happened, I was OK. "Take my house, I am OK." I wasn't scared as I sat in that tiny room, listening to the winds try to rip my doors and roof off.
I came out, many had lost trees, shingles, we all lost power, there was destruction everywhere. My house was still standing, not one shingle torn off, not one tree down, not one window broken.
That is faith.
That is stepping out of the boat on stormy seas, into the water, keeping focused on Christ as He leads me! In my life, I try and do the same: lead others TO Him, even as I, myself falter at times. I cry, I stumble, I fall, but I get back up, pray to God to show me His way again and keep plodding forward.
That sparrow sure seems determined to keep building. I wish I could say to her that the first rain will wash that nest out, the babies will drown. 🙁
Lord, maybe You can tell her she's got it all wrong.
Or...does she?

Comments

Popular Posts