a question of mortality





Today is the day I have been dreading...my biopsy to determine if Ihave cervical cancer. Although I applaud our miracles in Science, to have the ability to find these things early, it also shows us our weaknesses. If the result is positive, then comes the "fighting" part. From there, we go to "well, if this doesn't work, we try that, or we can do nothing because we have already done that." The whole mortality thing doesn't scare me...it's the thought of potentially leaving behind everything that I love....that empty space in heart and home. I have known Death only too well, having already lost parents and a sibling, as well as friends and others. I know all about when "those days" come along and how they are remembered with a pang of hurt and loneliness. And so I pray, "Dear God, thy will be done....in my life." Do I even have a right to do that, considering how severe storms and other acts of Nature can take a life in a heartbeat? Should I be so bold as to ask for this at this point in my years...when perhaps a young child is also suffering and hoping for a second chance? This is where faith and Hope come in. Everything is a mystery except to God. So, I'll continue to hope for that second chance...to believe that all will be well...and to pray that others may also have a second chance as well.
May God's peace be with you all!

Comments

  1. thank you for sharing your fears. You have given the world so much of yourself...do you know how special you are? I wish you good luck...be it good or bad. Know that the gifts God has given to you, you have shared with so many. Your words, your passion for sharing them...they will live on forever...long after you are gone. That is the important thing right there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts