two questions



 


What is your greatest triumph? What is your biggest regret?
I heard an interviewer ask a celebrity this question and listened to his response. He is 67 years old and it was interesting to listen to his introspection on life. Hindsight is always 20/20. It made me think about my life, where I have been and where I am going.
To the first question: my greatest triumph. Having children. It should be the greatest of anyone's life, be it male or female. To leave a legacy behind that will not only carry on tradition, but create new ones is amazing. If you have read "Charlotte's Web," as Charlotte is clutching her egg sac, she tells the barnyard animals that her babies are her "magnum opus," or great work. For being just a common grey spider, she understands that the circle of life cannot be broken, that she has work to do.

My biggest regret: this is harder to answer. For many of us, this comes with humiliating introspection. It means having to admit that somewhere, you have failed or didn't live up to an expectation. In that regard, I have failed at many things, be it jobs, friends, my first marriage....the list goes on. It takes two to run a marriage and I am aware of this. I failed it in that I married too young. I knew that at the time. Though I gave it 100%, sometimes even that is no longer enough. Jobs came and went due to many different issues, but again, I gave each one as much as I could. And looking back, to have moved from one to another allowed me to be in that place where I could make a difference in another capacity. And that is the way we should look at many things in our lives: though it was a change and maybe a sad one initially, how did you fare in the long run? Were you happier? Sometimes God needs for us to allow change so that He can take something away and replace it with something better.

Always look at life in a positive light. Sure, things may appear bleak at first, but that rainbow is just waiting for the storm to pass.
Stop and reflect on your life...what was your greatest triumph...your biggest regret? Use this as a lesson on where the future is taking you!

Comments

  1. Raising a child is certainly a great triumph and a joy (even in the teenage years!) My greatest regret is finding God so late, but my positive point out of that is that it makes me realise how much life I have ahead of me and knowing that it will be all the better for it and that God uses my life before him to help others. Always looking for that rainbow, thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tania...thank you for your comment. I have one comfort for you: it is NEVER to late to "find God!" I think about how the Apostle Paul, who, when he was named Saul, persecuted God and all that God stood for. It was while he was on the road to Damascus that he literally saw the light! He then preached with a fervor and became a great saint. St. Augustine, same thing. For 28 years as he partied, his mother, St Monica, prayed that her son would come to know goodness and God. Her prayers were answered. St. Augustine is known as the Doctor of the Church. I pray that each day for you is a beautiful one, full of hope, joy and promise! May the peace of the Lord be with you always!! ~ Rev Baum

      Delete
  2. We think we have forever to live our lives. I have seen too many of my friends/relatives pass on in the last few years. I know now that time is short. Why did it take so long to figure this out?? As Rev said, don't waste your life. If you who are reading this is still young...please don't waste time. Do it now, whatever it is, before it is too late!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts