why stop at Connecticutt with your acts of kindness?


 



We hear of horrific stories in the news, be it here in our own communities, towns, states, country or elsewhere and we ask, "why? Why have we sunk so low as to inflict hurt on others? Why are there wars, greed, famine, destruction of our Earth?" The answer may surprise you: it's because we HAVE sunk so low. Yes, you and I and so many others! We are maybe not direct perpetrators, but what do we do to head off issues? In the good ol' USA alone, we are told we can't speak up when we see injustice being committed, if certain ethnic or "religious" groups turn on our country...or our people, because we might "offend them." We can't salute the flag or even display it in many homeowner associations, we may "offend someone." Children grow up with no sense of morals, decency or manners. Everything they want is handed to them, no strings attached...no questions asked. And then when tragedy strikes, we all boo-hoo and wonder "where we have gone wrong?"

I was listening to the Sermon on the Mount today. Do you remember it? ( http://wewalkwithjesus.org/?p=28  ) Jesus said we would be persecuted for being right, that we are in the minority for doing good. But we are also BLESSED by God! Is it worth it to do something good and be chastised for it? Even if one person is saved in a good way, why not? Will you be mocked for it? Maybe. Ha! Who am I kidding...more than likely! But that is the chance you must take. "Narrow is the road to heaven and few are the ones finding it." Matthew 7:14.

NBC news reporter Ann Curry suggested that for the 26 people killed in Connecticut last week that we should do 26 random acts of kindness. But why stop at 26? In fact, why count them at all? Doing acts of kindness should be our life long goal! "Sorry, I can't do anything for you, I just ran out of random acts of kindness" just won't swing with God! Jesus many times  was tired, in  need of rest, food and contemplation, yet he took care of the multitudes who sought Him out.

Sought Him out. Now there is a thought. It seems that SINCE last Friday, I have seen so many positive God- inspired messages posted everywhere...Facebook, Twitter, national TV and the news. But before that..."sought Him out"...who among you did...just to say "hi?" To say "thank you!" To seek supplication, as in "am I doing the right thing?" It is in our weakness that the devil sneaks in and creates hell! Have you considered that? Yet when we call on God...the devil knows he has no place here! He moves on...and on...until he finds a willing accomplice to create his mischief, which always leads to pain, suffering and turmoil. Just think--if we all are strong in the face of Evil...Evil has no choice but to slink off elsewhere.

People...I ask you this: beginning today and continuing always, do acts of good towards others. Always call on God...even just to tell Him how good life really is! Be an example of mercy and morality for others. Speak out against injustice if you see it. Spread Love and Light wherever you go! Speak of God in a positive way.


I leave you with a story. I hope it speaks to you as it did to me.:
Me: God, can I ask You a question?

God: Sure

Me: Promise You won't get mad

God: I promise

Me: Why did You let so much stuff happen to me today?

God: What do u mean?

Me: Well, I woke up late

God: Yes

Me: My car took forever to start

God: Okay

Me: at lunch they made my sandwich wrong & I had to wait

God: Huummm

Me: On the way home, my phone went DEAD, just as I picked up a call

God: All right

Me: And on top of it all off, when I got home ~I just want to soak my feet in my new foot massager & relax. BUT it wouldn't work!!! Nothing went right today! Why did You do that?

God: Let me see, the death angel was at your bed this morning & I had to send one
of My Angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that

Me (humbled): OH

GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that would have hit you if you were on the road.

Me: (ashamed)

God: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick & I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work.

Me (embarrassed):Okay

God: Your phone went dead bcuz the person that was calling was going to give false witness about what you said on that call, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered.

Me (softly): I see God

God: Oh and that foot massager, it had a shortage that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark.

Me: I'm Sorry God

God: Don't be sorry, just learn to Trust Me.... in All things , the Good & the bad.

Me: I will trust You.

God: And don't doubt that My plan for your day is Always Better than your plan.

Me: I won't God. And let me just tell you God, Thank You for Everything today.

God: You're welcome child. It was just another day being your God and I Love looking after My Children...



Comments

  1. if the story here were true, again I ask, why did God permit 26 people to die? WHY? Because it just boggles the mind how good die young and the perps go on to live another day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as I prayerfully contemplated this post, your query came up and I have to respond. This line says it all, which I copied here: "God: Don't be sorry, just learn to Trust Me.... in All things , the Good & the bad."
      Learn to trust in God...think about it, my friend. Even Jesus died...Jesus who was so good, kind and a model for all of us. He died to show you not only how bad things can impact anyone, but also of the good that will follow! Look at the "good" that has come out of the CT tragedy! As Rev Baum pointed out, we are hearing so many God inspired messages, not only because it is Christmas, but just because! We see the good come out of folks, we hear good tidings, we see hugs and love in action. Why does it take tragedy to show this? You can also say the same for relationships, it seems that tragic circumstances bring out the side of folks we usually don't see. We take things for granted. Then when we are shown that life is so short, we cling to our inner child and wonder, "if it happened there, will it happen to me or the ones that I love?" Not even I have the answers. But I do hope, with each passing horrific episode, that maybe people will finally see that good wins out over evil and let's all work together to bring about even MORE good! Peace be with you!

      Delete
  2. daffodil lady of IowaDecember 19, 2012 at 7:37 AM

    how many people get so peeved when little bad things happen, instead of looking to the positive side of things? I am reminded of that story about the survivors of the 9/11 fiasco, who maybe broke a heel and had to stop and get a new pair of shoes, or stop for a donut...and survived because of that time delay....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts